Re: Need a good slogan to use for ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need a good slogan to use for ...
Date: 2003-09-08 19:36:32
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Marc,

> Hmmm ... if this is for a general-purpose PostgreSQL t-shirt, I'm not
> sure I can come up with a slogan because I'm not clear on why we're
> using the cartoon. I mean, it's a fun cartoon, but what does it say
> about PostgreSQL?

That was why I needed/wanted a slogan ... :) We had originally used the
cartoon for the whole SePICK CRM stuff ... but I figured if we could put
some words to it, the cartoon *could* say so much ...

> The only suggestion I would have would be something along the lines of:
> "Strong enough to carry your whole company."

Oh, I like this one ...

> Speaking of t-shirts, we're going to want several for Comdex, and I'll
> need one for PHPCon. Just for the attendees; I don't think we're
> allowed to sell anything for Comdex.
>
> How much lead time do you need? I'll ask attendees about sizes.

Depends ... most stuff should already be in stock, so its just a matter of
delivery time, but the sooner the better ...