pg_dump, schemas and 7.4/7.3

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump, schemas and 7.4/7.3
Date: 2003-06-25 22:11:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'd really like to be able to dump a single schema from 7.3 for a current
project.

Now I can write a script to run \dt and then "pg_dump -t" each table, but
that's not going to help me with sequences etc.

Of course, in 7.4 pg_dump will do exactly what I want, which seems to give me
two options:

1. Use 7.4 pg_dump to dump my 7.3 schema
2. Back-port pg_dump from 7.4 to 7.3

The questions are: will (1) work, or is (2) a viable option for someone who
hasn't coded C for 10+years?

TIA
--
Richard Huxton