Data recovery - URGENT

From: Peter Galantha <argosz(at)tensa(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Data recovery - URGENT
Date: 2003-06-15 14:23:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

is there a way to recover data from a damaged database if
a.) we have some but not all datafiles
b.) we have all datafiles but system tables are currupted

The situation is extremely critical so we're interested in all possible
solutions even if it's time consuming or if we need to pay for it!

Version: Postgres v7.1
OS: Debian Linux 3.0
Storage: RAID 5 and RAID 1 (the array is dead and we might not be able to
restore all data, but there are good chances to recover about 90% of the
data)

Thanks & regards,
Peter Galantha
argosz(at)tensa(dot)net