Re: Tom and Fernando: Status for "WITH RECURSIVE"

From: Andrew Overholt <overholt(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: XST <rresena(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tom and Fernando: Status for "WITH RECURSIVE"
Date: 2003-05-26 13:13:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Rasmus,

> I can see on the todo-list, that you have subscribed to the item
> regarding "WITH RECURSIVE" select statements. I really look forward to
> this feature, but can't find anything mentioning it's current status nor
> an estimate for when it will be implemented in postgresql. Do you
> eventually know a patch I can use until the feature is ready?

I'm actually the one doing the work on recursive UNIONs with help from Tom
and Fernando. Other things have gotten in my way over the past few weeks,
but I hope to have things done in time for 7.4. I don't have a preliminary
patch for you as I've been working on getting the non-recursive case
working first (ie. a plain WITH). I will keep you posted as my progress
continues.

Andrew