Re: Postgresql on SUN Server

From: Martin Marques <martin(at)bugs(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>, Guillaume Houssay <ghoussay(at)noos(dot)fr>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgresql on SUN Server
Date: 2003-05-24 13:50:17
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Vie 23 May 2003 17:01, scott.marlowe wrote:

> None really. You may as well set --enable-integer-datetimes when
> compiling since there should be no great performance penalty for
> running 64 bit values for datetime.
>
> Other than that, no great difference. note that being on 64 bit
> hardware means you can likely have much more shared buffer memory than
> on X86 hardware, where you're limited to ~2 gig.

Those this mean no more the ~2Gig total shared memory? Or each aplication?

http://auroralinux.org/

> Debian maintains a Sparc port if you want to use debian.

Here we are starting to use Debian, but due to the fact that one of the
Admins has switched to it. And you know how fundamentalists they are! :-)

Saludos... :-)

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?