Re: Installing Postgres on Windows (2000 Pro).

From: Paul Linehan <plinehan(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Paul Linehan <plinehan(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installing Postgres on Windows (2000 Pro).
Date: 2003-03-07 22:53:52
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Paul Linehan <plinehan(at)yahoo(dot)com> a écrit:

> I have just started messing around with Postgres
> and I have downloaded PgSQL731wina1.exe (11MB)

I ran this programme and a whole lot of stuff
was installed by the programme and now the
service IPC-daemon runs automatically on startup.

What do I have to do next to get Postgres to
work on my system? I have looked around but
cannot seem to find documentation on this
type of install.

Do I run cygrunsrv.exe? I have tried following
paths and things, but just can't seem to figure
it out.

I downloaded the PGAdmin tool also, but I don't
even think that the thing is even running just
yet.

Any help much appreciated.

TIA.

Paul...