createdb with no name

From: Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: createdb with no name
Date: 2003-03-01 19:46:21
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi all,

something interesting. posgresql 7.3.2 on mac osx
10.2.4. the setup runs beautifully. I have a db up and
running for almost 3 years with no downtime (except
for system upgrades).

in the terminal app., I was doing some testing and i
typed:
createdb

while my back was turned I hit the return. I expected
an error as no string was inserted. I was greeted with
the normal response

CREATE DATABASE

so I went into psql with no database name and to my
surprise, I got the normal response entering psql.

so the short version is that I was able to create a
database with no name. i can not delete it. Or maybe
someone has an explanation why this is normal
behavior.

Thanks

Ted