Re: Regression testing failure: float8...

From: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Regression testing failure: float8...
Date: 2003-02-17 00:24:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> > Howdy. Just a quick FYI, but I was running some regression tests on
> > HEAD and noticed that float8 is failing on FreeBSD 5. FreeBSD 4 seems
> > to be fine. Any suggestions on what I can poke at or where I should
> > look regarding this? -sc
>
> Looks like freebsd has decided to become mainstream on underflow
> handling. You need to figure out how we should adjust the resultmap
> entry for freebsd to not select float8-small-is-zero.out on 5.
> Possibly
> float8/i.86-.*-freebsd4=float8-small-is-zero
> would do --- are there any pre-4.0 boxes still out there?

There are 2.2.8 boxen still out there, but, if they're running 7.4
PostgreSQL on a 2.2.8 machine, let me know and I'll send black
choppers and people in suites.

Actually, now that I think about it, since BSD hasn't changed it's
handling of FPU errors in over 12 months now (no longer sends SIGFPE
on FPU errors), and it used to pass less than a month ago, it looks
like this is a "perk" of a recent gcc upgrade to 3.2.2. I'm going to
update my -CURRENT box just to be sure though and see if this wasn't
an anomaly. -sc

--
Sean Chittenden