Re: Interactive Documentation - how do you want it towork?

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ronald Chmara <ron(at)Opus1(dot)COM>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Interactive Documentation - how do you want it towork?
Date: 2003-02-04 11:42:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

That was interesting. I love the TRS-80 mention. So, it seems your
logic is pretty much the same as ours --- trim them up and improve the
docs.

So, that particular URL was an example of what _not_ to do. I have
heard folks say they like the PHP comments a lot, but I wonder how much
of that is the cutesy factor of users making comments compared to good
documentation that actually has useful, well structured information ---
it doesn't have the cutesy factor, but it does seem more useful. :-)

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us