Re: Status of tablespaces

From: Mariusz Czułada <mariusz(dot)czulada(at)tpi(dot)pl>
To: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Status of tablespaces
Date: 2003-01-28 15:38:36
Lists: pgsql-general

hi

Dnia wto 28. stycznia 2003 16:19, Tom Lane napisał:

> Well, what I envision is only a cleaner reimplementation of the
> existing LOCATION facility: the DBA will be able to designate certain
> directories as tablespaces and then assign individual tables, indexes,
> etc to particular tablespaces. Presumably, the DBA places each
> tablespace directory on a different disk (otherwise there's not much
> point in the exercise), and then the arrangement lets him control what
> lives where.

Does this mean (in long term) ability to:

CREATE SCHEMA xyz
DEFAULT TABLESPACE ts_data
INDEX TABLESPACE ts_index;
(to define place for created objects)

or

ALTER TABLE tab1 TABLESPACE ts_data1;
(to change location of datafile for 'tab1')

?

--

Mariusz Czulada
Sekcja Utrzymania Systemów Informacyjnych,

Windows 98 is like a gun - unless it's loaded, it's harmless.