Replication

From: Enrico Ortmann <list(dot)pg(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Replication
Date: 2003-01-23 10:38:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi folks,

Does anyone know a solution for replicating a PG7.2 Database. We'd prefer a bidirectional replication but it doesn't have to be that way. A simple one-way-rep would match our basic interests as well. The documentation of the eRServer on postgres.com does not give very much detailed information about f.e. the integrated features - or I didn't find them.

Actually it would be nice to get an open source solution because of the very nice licence model. But our main focus is set to a _stable_ and _performant_ solution. At first we want to replicate from one Master to one slave, but in the near future it seems that the environment would extend to about five slaves.

Thanks for answering!
Ab heute wird nichts mehr vergessen! Mit dem Organizer von
WEB.DE FreeMail. http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021145