Re: libpqxx Large Objects

From: "Jeroen T(dot) Vermeulen" <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: Key88 SF <key88sf(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpqxx Large Objects
Date: 2003-01-09 02:34:43
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 12:23:18AM +0000, Key88 SF wrote:

> Really? Where do you see that? I'm looking at the libpq - C library
> documentation, section 2, describing large objects. I don't see any
> mention of the interface being deprecated.

It doesn't seem to be documented there, no. I've no time to dig it
up now (I'll be on a holiday for the coming week) so you may just want
to search the site. Or just see if postgres will handle the kind of
object size you need as native table data.

BTW, yes, libpq++ had notional large-object support--but that was
never actually fully functional, from what I hear.

Jeroen