Re: Regarding connection thru web application

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: "Prachi Jain" <prachijain3(at)rediffmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Regarding connection thru web application
Date: 2002-12-03 19:04:04
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tuesday 03 Dec 2002 5:28 pm, Prachi Jain wrote:

> java.sql.SQLException: Could not connect to the server;
> Could not resolve hostname.
>
> What are the changes i need to do, if i m connecting thru web
> application. This is the first time i m interacting with Postgres,
> so please don't mind if the question is silly. But, please do
> respond.

No questions are silly. Can't guarantee the same for my answers.

Check for typo's and DNS errors - the error is saying it can't find a hostname
(e.g. database.example.com).
Then check that you can connect via psql from the client machine. If it still
doesn't work, then we can look at the ODBC settings.

--
Richard Huxton