Regarding connection thru web application

From: "Prachi Jain" <prachijain3(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Regarding connection thru web application
Date: 2002-12-03 17:28:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Hii All,

I am trying to connect the remote Postgres db from my web
Application using ODBC driver. I have configured my machine's IP
in pg_hba.conf file. But, it still not connecting.

I have made the following entries in the pg_hba.conf

host all 10.0.1.60 'subnetMask address' trust

P.S: Already there is one entry with host.

I am getting the following exception, when i m trying to connect
to the server.

java.sql.SQLException: Could not connect to the server;
Could not resolve hostname.

What are the changes i need to do, if i m connecting thru web
application. This is the first time i m interacting with Postgres,
so please don't mind if the question is silly. But, please do
respond.

thanks and regards