optional package?

From: Mauro Mozzarelli <mauro(at)EzPlanet(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: optional package?
Date: 2002-10-29 20:05:14
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

After the latest CVS update, I have been unable to create the driver with the
"org.postgesql.jdbc2.optional" package that is always omitted.
What am I doing wrong?

Moreover, can I make a request to move the "optional" into the standard
package? In fact what is here called "optional" is necessary in order to
connect to pgsql from an EJB running in an application server (I am testing
with Websphere). As a general architectural best practice rule we wouldn't
even want to access the database directly from a JSP/Servlet, but only from
an EJB module.
Mauro