output format for dates

From: am(at)fx(dot)ro
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: output format for dates
Date: 2002-09-22 15:53:25
Lists: pgsql-general

hello all!

I need a piece of advice regarding date styles. I've tried all
the datestyles, but none of them seems to look the way i want.

I would like to use the following format for dates:
DD-MON-YYYY or DD-MON-YY, where MON is one of : JAN,FEB,..,DEC.
(for example 20-APR-2002) for both input and output.

I've noticed that Postgres accepts dates in this format, so the
input part is ok. But for output, it uses the 'european' style.

So, here comes my question: is it possible to create a new
custom datestyle and set it as default ?

Thanks in advance,
Adrian Maier (am(at)fx(dot)ro)