Re: Why ? (couple questions about cygwin realibility)

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: Buyung Pamungkas <buyung_pamungkas(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why ? (couple questions about cygwin realibility)
Date: 2002-09-16 18:15:51
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Buyung,

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 12:04:08PM -0700, Buyung Pamungkas wrote:
> There's my couple questions about cygwin realibility.
>
> 1. pg_hba.conf didn't work on cygwin ?

I haven't tried recently, but it worked for me the same as under Linux.
Is your pg_hba.conf in text mode (i.e., CRNL line endings)? If so, then
convert it to binary mode (i.e., NL line endings).

> I have installed cygwin 1.3.1 and postgresql 7.2.1.
^^^^^
Is the above a typo? If not, then you are using a *very* old Cygwin
version.

> 2. Makefile didn't work properly on cygwin ?

Again, works for me.

> Why it happened on cygwin+make+javac ?

How about some specifics like error messages? Did you install ant?

> 3. /.bashrc didn't execute when I have started my
> cygwin.
>
> Many own setting that I had set on /.bashrc didn't
> executed by cygwin. Why those happened ? Might I type
> "source /.bashrc" everytime I used my cygwin ?

The above is not a Cygwin PostgreSQL issue -- it's not even a Cygwin
one. It is a generic bash issue and the solution is to use the
"--login" option.

Jason