Why ? (couple questions about cygwin realibility)

From: Buyung Pamungkas <buyung_pamungkas(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Why ? (couple questions about cygwin realibility)
Date: 2002-09-11 19:04:08
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

There's my couple questions about cygwin realibility.

1. pg_hba.conf didn't work on cygwin ?

I have installed cygwin 1.3.1 and postgresql 7.2.1.
Then I set my pg_hba.conf just for accept
db-connection from my computer.

But, another computer in my local subnet can access
those db either from application or another shell.

Why it happened on cygwin ? I had no problem when
installing postgresql on linux.

2. Makefile didn't work properly on cygwin ?

I have installed cygwin 1.3.1 and make version 3.79.1.
Then, I do to make some file. I had no problem when
running on linux. But, those make command have a
problem that can't process package directory or import
from my own directory on Java code.

Why it happened on cygwin+make+javac ?
I had no problem when compiling my Java program
one-by-one or make those files on linux.

3. /.bashrc didn't execute when I have started my
cygwin.

Many own setting that I had set on /.bashrc didn't
executed by cygwin. Why those happened ? Might I type
"source /.bashrc" everytime I used my cygwin ?

Yahoo! - We Remember
http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute