Re: Restore killing the backend

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Restore killing the backend
Date: 2002-07-31 19:57:17
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 03:15:37PM -0400, Stephen Bacon wrote:

> Indeed we are using ECC memory - although if I knew how to test it, I
> would - is there a utility for doing this?

If you are using ECC, and your hardware and software support it, you
should see errors in your syslogs if ECC is having trouble.

Anyway, the whole point of ECC is to prevent bad data from getting
through, so I doubt very much that's the problem. If you're using an
x86 architecture, you can try memtest86: http://www.memtest86.com/

----
Andrew Sullivan 87 Mowat Avenue
Liberty RMS Toronto, Ontario Canada