Re: Restore killing the backend

From: Stephen Bacon <sbacon(at)13x(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Restore killing the backend
Date: 2002-07-31 19:15:37
Lists: pgsql-general

> Test your memory. It's possible you have some bad memory, and you
<snip>
> For production use, if your data is worth anything at all, buy ECC
> memory. It's worth it, even though it's expensive.

Hello again.

Indeed we are using ECC memory - although if I knew how to test it, I
would - is there a utility for doing this?

For some reasons the errors did not appear in my original post, so here
there again (hopefully). I've also included the tail of the postgres log
file (I had debug_level set to 2) which shows (what I think is) a lot of
WAL activity and recommendations to increase WAL_FILES.
I increased wal_files to 8, wal_buffers to 15 and checkpoint_segments to
3 and yet the problem still occurs.

Next I'm going to break my import up into separate files and do it step
by step, but in the meantime does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
-Steve

*** Run X ***