problem with query in postgres 6.5

From: "praveen vejandla" <praveen_vejandla(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problem with query in postgres 6.5
Date: 2002-07-11 13:21:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

I was able to run the below query successfully on PostgreSQL
7.0.

SELECT substring(now() from 1 for 10);

How ever if I run the same query on PostgreSQL 6.5, I am getting
the below error.

No such function 'substr' with the specified attributes.

Can you pls let me know if there is any solution for this.

Thanks and Regards,
Praveen
There is always a better job for you at Monsterindia.com.
Go now http://monsterindia.rediff.com/jobs