Re: Object Oriented Features

From: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
To: Nishkala <nishkala(at)gdit(dot)iiit(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Object Oriented Features
Date: 2002-06-27 08:22:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 10:13:26AM +0530, Nishkala wrote:

> I am a student doing my graduation in India. I want to know what are the
> other OODBMS features ( other than inheritance ) available
> in PostGreSQL. It would be great if you can help me out with some
> information regarding this.

The PostgreSQL is "Object-Relational DBMS" and not clean "Object Oriented".
The good and short description about DBs types you can read at

http://wwwinfo.cern.ch/db/aboutdbs/classification/

I think most of the current used SQL DBs are "Object-Relational".

OO in PostgreSQL means that you can create own operators, datetypes, functions...

Something about really Object Oriented you can found at:

http://www.odbmsfacts.com/

Karel

--
Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>