"set nice" running a transaction in a lower priority?

From: "Clark C (dot) Evans" <cce(at)clarkevans(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: "set nice" running a transaction in a lower priority?
Date: 2002-06-12 17:33:16
Lists: pgsql-general

I was wondering if there is a way to set transaction
priority so that it takes its good sweet time and
handles other queries quickly? I have an "import"
process that takes a while, and I don't mind having
the user who is doing the import wait; but it would
be nice to have the box more responsive while the
import is occuring.

Best,

Clark