Re: PgAccess directory structure

From: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgAccess directory structure
Date: 2002-05-11 19:03:28
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

<operational note: I hope all the pgaccess people have subscribed to
INTERFACES by now. If any non-pgaccess people start to complain that
we've taken over the group, just holler: we can get our own list, then>

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 05:50:52PM +0100, Nigel J. Andrews wrote:

> I'm not sure how far along the plans for pgaccess are. However,I like to
> propose some changes to the directory structure. I would be looking
> to have these changes implemented in the main postgres tree if the new
> repository isn't operational at the time, as long as that tree is used to
> initialise the new repository.

Note that the core pgsql developers seem willing to let us actually apply
patches to the REL_7_2 branch, so it may be possible to do all this in place.

> Proposal:
<proposal on how to make pgaccess version agnostic, and backward compatible>

I agree with the general idea of this proposal: the implementation sounds
o.k., but I haven't been that deep in the code recently. Having the latest
and greatest pgaccess handle various backends sounds like a great idea.

Ross