Re: large table support 32,000,000 rows

From: Heni Lolov <hal_bg(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Christopher Smith <christopherl_smith(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: large table support 32,000,000 rows
Date: 2002-03-25 08:46:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi!
There are no problems with large tables.
I am running postgresql with a database with over 100,000,000 records.
The biggest table is with about 55,000,000 rows there are tables with with
25,000,000 and 19,000,000 rows and few other with less than 10,000,000. It
works pretty good. It's online at http://www.astro.bas.bg/stargazer/ .
The performance is excellent. The database is about 15G.
The only problem was dump and restore while upgrading to 7.2 it took about 5
days.

Rumen