Re: passing arguments within php pages

From: knut(dot)suebert(at)web(dot)de
To: PGSQL <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: passing arguments within php pages
Date: 2002-02-15 21:29:56
Lists: pgsql-php

arun kv schrieb:
> hai,
> how to pass an argument between php pages as a link ( without using
> forms). i should get the agument as a value (string) in my current page
> from previous page from where i had created link.

Hello,

that seems to be totally OT here. But you can use basic HTML on your

printf("<a href='current.php?ARG=%s'>Link</a>", $value);

to get it on the "current page":

printf("ARG has value: %s", $ARG);

See

http://www.php.net/manual/en/html/language.variables.predefined.html

for HTTP_GET_VARS and HTTP_POST_VARS, too. If you use an version of
PHP older than v4.0.3, look for track_vars at the same URL, too.

If the string contains other characters than 0-9a-zA-Z see

http://www.php.net/manual/en/html/function.urlencode.html

Maybe session handling could be interesting for you:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php

Bye,
K.