Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL

From: Michael Devogelaere <michael(at)digibel(dot)be>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL
Date: 2002-01-24 14:11:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 04:24:17PM -0800, Stephan Szabo wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Justin Clift wrote:
>
> > Michael Devogelaere, the guy who writes the QMail-SQL package has
> > recently started moving away from using PostgreSQL to MySQL.
That's not entirely true: i'm still using PostgreSQL and i don't even
consider moving to MySQL, since i'm using a more complicated database which
doesn't run on MySQL. But - sorry to tell it - in my opinion, MySQL is a
lot faster for simple queries if one needs to connect/disconnect frequently.
I suspect that PostgreSQL connects quite slowly and therefore performs
bad in this kind of tests.

> > Would someone be able to take a look into this?
>
> I went to the page mentioned below and wanted to try grabbing the test
> scripts to see if I could replicate the crash, but got 404's for the
> testscripts.tgz link on the page. The speed doesn't surprise me as much
> as the crash does.
The link is fixed now.

Kind regards,
Michael Devogelaere.