Re: Scheduling Jobs in Postgres

From: pwd(at)mdtsoft(dot)com
To: jayoorath(at)yahoo(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Scheduling Jobs in Postgres
Date: 2001-12-18 11:32:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

What you want first is a scirpt or program to do the job
that you are trying to do, I would write it in perl but
python, c or even shell is also fine.

the program should be able to do the job without output
to the screen (sdtout or stderr) UNLESS something does
not work (and even then it is best if it sends mail on
error as well (to you).

then just have the program above run by cron.

this is not a postgresql answer, the same woud be true
for any data base or other system on unix (I have assumed
that you are not running on Windows).

--
It is MDT, Inc's policy to delete mail containing unsolicited file attachments.
Please be sure to contact the MDT staff member BEFORE sending an e-mail with

This email, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and intended
If you have received this email in error, please advise postmaster(at)mdtsoft(dot)com
<mailto:postmaster(at)mdtsoft(dot)com>.

Philip W. Dalrymple III <pwd(at)mdtsoft(dot)com>
MDT Software - The Change Management Company
+1 678 297 1001
Fax +1 678 297 1003