Potential bug in pg_dump ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Potential bug in pg_dump ...
Date: 2001-12-17 19:10:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Got a report the other day of a "problem" with pg_dump where, if in the
middle of a dump, someone happens to drop a table, it errors out with:

SQL query to dump the contents of Table 'server_2' did not execute.
Explanation from backend: 'ERROR: Relation 'server_2' does not exist'.
The query was: 'COPY "server_2" TO stdout;'.

Now, altho I can't imagine it happening often, I know I'd be a bit annoyed
if I came in the next morning, tried to restore what was in the table that
should have been dumped *after* this one, and found that my dump didn't
work :(

This is using a v7.1.3 ... and I know there has been *alot* of changes to
pg_dump since, so this might have already been caught/dealt with ... ?