libpq in a multithreaded environment

From: Eugene Bregman <eugenebregman(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: libpq in a multithreaded environment
Date: 2001-11-29 18:31:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
We try to use libpq in a multi-threaded environment.
Connection pool creates a group of connections to the
database and serves PGconn to threads as they ask. One
thread get a connection from the pool, takes a
transaction, then releases connection back to the
pool. Another thread will pick up the same connection
from the pool and take another transaction. Our code
warrants that on same connection, all transactions are
executed sequentially by different threads.
Is such design save enough? I made some archive search
and could not find any discouraging information.

Thank you in advance for your advice,
Eugene