Re: Problem w/ dumping huge table and no disk space

From: Andrew Gould <andrewgould(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: David Ford <david(at)blue-labs(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem w/ dumping huge table and no disk space
Date: 2001-09-07 21:52:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Have you tried dumping individual tables separately
until it's all done?

I've never used to -Z option, so I can't compare its
compression to piping a pg_dump through gzip.
However, this is how I've been doing it:

pg_dump db_name | gzip -c > db_name.gz

I have a 2.2 Gb database that gets dumped/compressed
to a 235 Mb file.

Andrew