Re: Beta Monday?

From: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: Beta Monday?
Date: 2001-09-07 14:58:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 10:39:19AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > > #define encdebug(_format, _a...)
> > > ^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > line 36
> >
> > > I don't see some problem with my gcc. Or I something overlook?
> >
> > "..." in macro parameters is a gcc-ism. This code is unportable and
> > must be fixed.
>
> Yes, that stuff can't be done. We do use ## to bind macro params, but
> we don't do variable-length macro calls. This is debug stuff anyway so
> I am looking at how to get it compiling right away.

Hmm.. my world is comiled by 'gcc' and I'm still must learning that
here are some cathedrals and not bazaars only :-) Sorry.

OK, please erase all these debug macros (encdebug). I used it for binary
search check only. It's not needful. Do you want a patch (but not until
Monday)?

Karel

--
Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>