Re: libpq++ on Windows

From: jtv <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq++ on Windows
Date: 2001-06-30 19:35:08
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 07:37:30PM +0200, Christian Ullrich wrote:

> I've read a lot about major changes in libpq++ in 7.2 or later.

I'm planning a completely new front-end that comes a lot closer to the way
libraries want to be in C++ (eg. intense use of templates, and conformance
to the STL). The main obstacle ATM is getting Debian up to speed on my
Powerbook, esp. its modem.

> As I just got it to compile and work (at least as far as
> connecting and executing a single query, at which point I stopped
> testing) with VC++ 6, I would like to know if the future code will
> still build and run with Microsoft's compilers.

Hopefully. But as always, your feedback will be essential to make that
possible!

Of course it would depend on exactly which version of the compiler you're
interested in. IIRC version 5 has some bugs that might be so difficult to
work around as to effectively require a separate code base and interface.
That would be a good reason to still maintain the existing library as well,
I think.

Jeroen