Re: Queries across multiple databases (was: SELECT from a table in another database).

From: Zak McGregor <zak(at)mighty(dot)co(dot)za>
To: Andrew Rawnsley <ronz(at)ravensfield(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Queries across multiple databases (was: SELECT from a table in another database).
Date: 2001-05-21 14:04:25
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 21 May 2001 07:55:13 -0400
Andrew Rawnsley <ronz(at)ravensfield(dot)com> wrote:

> If I ever come up with said schema-dropping patch, and anyone else
wants it,
> let me know.

I'd dance a happy jig ;-)

I'm not sure whether it is quite the way to do it, but I'd have a better
time with things if I could span databases in a single request. Are
there theoretical problems with spanning databases in a single query? Is
it a feature of bad database design & implementation?

Thanks

Ciao

Zak

Zak McGregor
http://www.carfolio.com - Specifications of cars online. Over 7000!
Of course my password is the same as my pet's name.
My macaw's name was Q47pY!3, but I change it every 90 days.