cpp Makefiles

From: Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie_cumberland(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: cpp Makefiles
Date: 2001-04-14 18:00:30
Lists: pgsql-interfaces pgsql-sql

Hello All,

I have now been able to compile the complex.c functions and test them out with
no problems.

I made a copy of the Makefile, Makefile.global, and Makefile.port (Linux) from
the tutorial directory and made a simple modification for the paths. Now the
'c" files compile up just fine.

The problem is that this set up will not work if I make some C++ files. I think
that there is something wrong in one of the above makefiles for the g++
compiler and the needed options, but do not know where to find it.

I also need to link in some other libraries like "libfile.a" that I have for
some of the functions that will be placed in my pgSQL interface but do not know
where to add these library files so that the generated "file.so" can use them.

does someone have a simple Makefile that will allow me to compile up C++
functions and either link in the libfile.a files or could please tell me how to
make libfile.so out of them?

Cheers,
Lonnie