Re: Status of DBD:Pg and Pg interfaces for Perl

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Jeff Duffy" <jeff(at)alanne(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Status of DBD:Pg and Pg interfaces for Perl
Date: 2001-04-13 04:34:32
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

"Jeff Duffy" <jeff(at)alanne(dot)com> writes:
> and neither Pg.pm or DBD::Pg include the segfault-on-text-insert fix
> Tom provided.

What? Are you claiming that Pg.pm has a segfault problem in the same
area that DBD::Pg did? The code is sufficiently different that that
would surprise me considerably.

> What are the odds of getting DBD::Pg version 0.95 (the latest)
> patched with Tom's fix, into the 7.1 release (maybe as an addition to
> /src/interfaces/Perl5)?

Zip. We do not ship DBD::Pg as part of the Postgres distribution, and
adding it now is not practical (makefile changes alone would create more
breakage risk than I care to consider).

If Edmund Mergl would like us to start shipping DBD::Pg in the
distribution, then I'd certainly consider that for 7.2 and later.
But right offhand, distributing it via CPAN seems to make more
sense, since you'd have to go to CPAN for DBI anyway...