Re: FW: Dbf to Pg converter

From: Paul M Foster <paulf(at)quillandmouse(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: Dbf to Pg converter
Date: 2001-02-20 04:32:48
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 06:03:37PM -0600, Len Morgan wrote:

> Was there something wrong with dbf2sql? :-) It used to be in contribs/ I
> think but it was very simple code that did the job. At the time I was
> working with 1.x and 6.0x versions of Postgres and made a few mods to it so
> that I could rename the tables, change field types, just export the data and
> not the table definitions, etc.
>
> The last version I saw was 3.0 but that's been a couple of years.
>
> len morgan

I used this originally, but then found some shortcomings whose nature I
don't recall. I believe it had odd rules for type conversions between
xBase and PostgreSQL, maybe. I had already written code to "browse"
xbase tables (dbfdump), so I just grafted SQL scripting onto it.

But by all means, if dbf2sql works, use it.

Paul