Re: installation

From: Rasputin <rasputin(at)FreeBSD-uk(dot)eu(dot)org>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: installation
Date: 2001-02-06 14:58:11
Lists: pgsql-novice

* benoit(dot)le-dizes(at)voila(dot)fr <benoit(dot)le-dizes(at)voila(dot)fr> [010206 14:15]:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Qube2 and I want to install a software which needs postgresql installation
>
> Postgresql is not installed on my Qube2 and my kernel is 2.0.34 ; mips nevada v10.0
>
> I have found on the net :
>
> postgresql-6.3.2.4.mips.rpm
> postgresql-clients_6.3.2.4.mips.rpm
> postgresql-data_6.3.2.4.mips.rpm
> postgresql-devel_6.3.2.4.mips.rpm
>
> When I launch the installation this problem appears :
> " failes dependancies" -> libhistory.so.3 and libreadline.so.3 are needed

They're both part of readline-2.2.1; see if you can find a mips RPM;
if not, get the source and compile it yourself.
If RPM still whinges, just pass it the --nodeps flag on the command line.

http://rpmfind.net should be in your bookmarks
(although I couldn't find mips packages there, I'm afraid)

--
Rasputin
Jack of All Trades :: Master of Nuns