Easy way to find out allowed data?

From: Andrew Sullivan <sullivana(at)bpl(dot)on(dot)ca>
To: user Postgresql ML <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Easy way to find out allowed data?
Date: 2000-10-31 21:08:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Is there any convenient way to get what input qualifies as valid data
for a CHECK constraint? I'm trying to generalise an interface which
allows data entry through the Web. I'd like to be able to find out
what data is allowed in a field, and then generate a pick-list based
on that. It looks like relevant information is in pg_relcheck, but
I'm not sure I understand what I'd have to do to get it out (more
like, "I'm sure I don't understand. . ."), because there's a lot of
other stuff in there.

Thanks,
Andrew Sullivan Computer Services
<sullivana(at)bpl(dot)on(dot)ca> Burlington Public Library
+1 905 639 3611 x158 2331 New Street
Burlington, Ontario, Canada L7R 1J4