Re: benchmarks

From: "tjk(at)tksoft(dot)com" <tjk(at)tksoft(dot)com>
To: clayton(at)marketingchallenge(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: benchmarks
Date: 2000-10-29 14:53:07
Lists: pgsql-sql

MTcW:

Pick the database which allows your programmers
to get the job done. If the system is too slow, find out
if there are ways you could speed it up, and then if that
doesn't make you happy, get a faster server.

In my opinion it's not worth making the programmer's life
more difficult to go with a database which is difficult to
work with.

Also, make sure the database you choose is reliable.
One of the mySQL, mSQL (I confuse the two) servers has
the problem that they lock the entire db when working,
so only one client can connect at a time. Seems like
a problem to me.

Troy