Re: newbie question: ERROR: getattproperties: no attribute tuple 1259 -2

From: "Robert Vogt IV" <vogt(at)arborhost(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: newbie question: ERROR: getattproperties: no attribute tuple 1259 -2
Date: 2000-10-28 17:08:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Isaac and Tom,

> Awesome, thanx. I thought i was doing something wrong. I suggest that some
> sort of warning about this go on the pgsql website (and other places where
> us PPC types will notice it) so no one else has to beat their head on the
> wall over this.
>
>> Postgres 7.0.* doesn't work on PPC unless compiled -O0. The above is
>> a typical symptom of being compiled with higher optimization settings.
>> Unfortunately, it seems that our PPC RPMs for 7.0.2 were compiled with
>> the wrong -O level :-(. (Don't ask me why the RPMs ended up that way
>> when a clean source compilation uses -O0, but there it is.)
Why is this? We're running 7.0.2 and have not performed any of these
compile-time gymnastics...and we're not having any problems (although we've
barely scratched the surface of what PostgreSQL can do). We're running
Yellow Dog Linux Champion Server 1.2 on a 450Mhz PowerPC G4.

By the way- does anybody know of any resources related to securing
databases. We'd like to only allow certain users access to each database,
but cannot find the appropriate section in any of the documentation pages.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,

Robert Vogt IV
CEO