shared memory leak in 7.0.2?

From: pierre(at)kahuna(dot)versions(dot)com
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: shared memory leak in 7.0.2?
Date: 2000-08-26 22:15:23
Lists: pgsql-sql

All,
i've been running 7.0.2 for the last month or so, and I've had to reboot my
redhat linux box twice to clear up a shared memory leak issue. Essentially
with the DB running for about 2weeks with large amounts of usage, eventually
the Os runs out of shared memory and the db crashes and fails to restart. The
only way to get the db back online is to reboot.

Has anyone seen this? Or does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it?

BTW. Here is my startup line for the postgres daemon.

su -l postgres -c 'exec /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -B 384 -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -i -S -o -F

Pierre