Re: What is the default port for postmaster?

From: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)wallace(dot)ece(dot)rice(dot)edu>
To: Phillip Harrington <phil(at)paxemail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What is the default port for postmaster?
Date: 2000-03-31 18:16:06
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 10:45:17AM -0500, Phillip Harrington wrote:
> I cannot seem to find this info. I found instructions on how to change it, but
> I just want to know what the default port is for postmaster? Sorry this is a
> silly question.

No silly questions, only silly answers. Here's the answer, and
how to to answer similar questions (on a unix system, at least)

wallace$ grep postgres /etc/services
postgres 5432/tcp # POSTGRES
postgres 5432/udp # POSTGRES
You have mail in /var/mail/reedstrm
wallace$

Ross
--
Ross J. Reedstrom, Ph.D., <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer