Re: Russian PostgreSQL community site

From: Виктор Вислобоков <corochoone(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Nikolay Samokhvalov" <samokhvalov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Russian PostgreSQL community site
Date: 2008-08-26 07:20:54
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-docs

Hello Nikolay.

> if one cannot find any "community site", this does not mean that
> community does not exist or not working.
It is true, but read below.

> Starting from 2007, here in Russia the solid group of PostgreSQL
Nikolay, it is really interesting, but where is group's site?
Where is group's forum?
What are problems solving the group at this moment?
I have no such info.
Try to search "PostgreSQL документация" at Yandex or Google.
Go to http://www.postgresql.org/community/international
There are you? I don't see. Many and many people didn't see too.

> Currently, you can find some information here:
> http://postgresmen.ru (alternatively, you can try to search on such
> sites as opennet.ru, linux.org.ru, etc).
Postgresmen site is a commercial company site for business not for community.
linux.org.ru is news site with stupid threads about this news
opennet.ru is a good cooking book with good search, but nothing more

> The community site is under
> construction still, and surely this is an issue, but it doesn't stop
Under construction starting from 2007? :) It is great!

> people from different organizations to work on promoting PostgreSQL in
> Russia, to communicate and to work together.
Yes, it's true. But in my mind, this communication into little closed world.
I appreciate efforts of Russian PostgreSQL developers, but with great
disappointment I see that Russian PostgreSQL community is greatly inferior to
MySQL community and many other. We have no Russian manual, we have
no well-known community site, we have no big well-known forum etc.

> I suggest you to cooperate, let's discuss how to organize our efforts
> in Russian mailing list or privately.
Nikolay, how many times we'll be talking? May be, we must already DO
something in this direction? I MADE first steps. What you answer?

With best wishes,
Victor Vislobokov
St.Peterburg, Russia