Re: Guidelines for GSoC student proposals / Eliminate O(N^2) scaling from rw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions

From: "Mengxing Liu" <liu-mx15(at)mails(dot)tsinghua(dot)edu(dot)cn>
To: "Kevin Grittner" <kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Guidelines for GSoC student proposals / Eliminate O(N^2) scaling from rw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions
Date: 2017-03-30 04:17:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks, I've updated the proposal. Just one issue:
I agree that we can make skip list a general data structure. But can we use the fixed-level skip list as a Plan B? Or a quick attempt before the general data structure ?
Because I am not familiar with shared memory structure and tricks used in it, and I cannot estimate how much time it would take.