Re: New trigger option of pg_standby

From: Guillaume Smet <guillaume(dot)smet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New trigger option of pg_standby
Date: 2009-03-27 07:21:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 3:38 AM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> OK, I'll change the patch as Simon suggested; removing -t and adding
> two new options: -f = fast failover (existing behavior), -p patient failover.
> Also I'll default the patient failover, so it's performed when the signal
> (SIGINT or SIGUSR1) is received.

I'm wondering if we should consider backpatching this one. Even if the
feature works as advertised in the documentation.

It's a very surprising behaviour and I'm pretty sure someone will
shoot himself in the foot with it, if not already done.

Considering backpatching might change the way we want to fix it.

--
Guillaume