Sql Anywhere to PostgreSQL?

From: "Chris Hoover" <revoohc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Sql Anywhere to PostgreSQL?
Date: 2006-10-24 20:48:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

Has anyone ever done a conversion from Sql Anywhere to PostgreSQL? I have a
task to investigate what this would take.

Also, the Sql Anywhere database stores image files in the database as long
binary types. What would be the best format to store these in PostgreSQL?

Also, while all of my current PG clusters are on RH linux, if this project
went forward, it would have to run on Windows 2k. Will the windows version
of PG run on 2k, and are there any special caviates running on this
platform?

Thanks,

Chris

PG 8.1.3