Re: [HACKERS] Support for Secure Transport SSL library on macOS as OpenSSL alternative

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Support for Secure Transport SSL library on macOS as OpenSSL alternative
Date: 2018-01-23 19:59:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 23 Jan 2018, at 18:20, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>
> On 1/21/18 18:08, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> As per before, my patch for running tests against another set of binaries is
>> included as well as a fix for connstrings with spaces, but with the recent
>> hacking by Peter I assume this is superfluous. It was handy for development so
>> I’ve kept it around though.
>
> 0002-Allow-running-SSL-tests-against-different-binar-v4.patch should be
> obsoleted by f5da5683a86e9fc42fdf3eae2da8b096bda76a8a.

Yes.

> 0003-Allow-spaces-in-connectionstrings-v4.patch looks reasonable, but
> I'm not sure what circumstance is triggering that. Is it specific to
> your implementation?

It’s not specific to the implementation per se, but it increases the likelyhood
of hitting it. In order to load certificates from Keychains the cert common
name must be specified in the connstr, when importing the testfiles into
keychains I ran into it for example src/test/ssl/client_ca.config.

cheers ./daniel