Re: GUC for temporarily disabling event triggers

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Mikhail Gribkov <youzhick(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GUC for temporarily disabling event triggers
Date: 2023-04-02 19:24:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 7 Mar 2023, at 16:02, Mikhail Gribkov <youzhick(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> * The patch does what it intends to do;
> * The implementation way is clear;
> * All test are passed;
> * No additional problems catched - at least by my eyes;
>
> I think it can be marked as Ready for Committer

This patch has been RFC for some time, and has been all green in the CFbot. I
would like to go ahead with it this cycle since it gives a tool for admins to
avoid single-user mode - which is something we want to move away from. Even
though login event triggers aren't going in (which is where this originated),
there are still lots of ways to break things with other ev triggers.

Any objections?

--
Daniel Gustafsson