Re: Performance issue with Pointcloud extension

From: Éric <eric(dot)lemoine(at)oslandia(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org,Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Performance issue with Pointcloud extension
Date: 2017-06-08 20:41:41
Lists: pgsql-general

>Have you experimented with other queries that don't involve PostGIS?
>I'm wondering if your hook-installation code fails to work properly
>unless PostGIS was loaded first. This would be easier to credit if
>there are hooks both extensions try to get into.

I think you're right on Tom. It looks like I cannot reproduce the issue if I start by calling a PostGIS function rather than a Pointcloud function. So it may well be a conflict between PostGIS and Pointcloud. Both use fn_extra, and that makes we wonder. This old thread [*] makes me wonder too! I still need to figure out the bug, but I can see some light now! thanks

[*] <https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/984D0F47C5FF4D0DB0D71A4F6EF670ED%40cleverelephant(dot)ca#984D0F47C5FF4D0DB0D71A4F6EF670ED(at)cleverelephant(dot)ca>

--
Éric